- The closure of the call for concept notes IFE-CIV-C1 has been postponed to Monday January 25nd 2021 at 4:00pm CET Abidjan time or 5:00pm CET Berlin time.
The latest Q&A document can be downloaded here. All other Q&A documents can be downloaded below.
Questions and answers
Clarifications can be found in this document.
The purpose of the “Investing for Employment” Facility (IFE) is to support the creation of decent employment opportunities in Africa (long-term, full time jobs). It does so by offering co-financing grants for new investment projects with a high job creation impact. The selection of projects is based on a competitive application process, looking for an optimal allocation of available funding to projects with the highest plausibility of success and expected return in terms of the number and quality of new jobs created.
IFE is part of the Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Under the brand Invest for Jobs, the Special Initiative aims to create good jobs and apprenticeships and to improve working conditions in its partner countries in Africa.
What does IFE fund?
The IFE provides grants between €1 million and €10 million to co-finance four types of projects:
- Public Infrastructure for job creation (up to 90% of the cost)
- Common service for job creation (up to 75% of the cost)
- Projects that foster direct job creation which have benefits/impacts more broadly than solely for the project owners (up to 50% of the cost)
- Projects that foster direct job creation by companies (up to 25% of the total cost)
Who is eligible?
- Individual applicants (legal entities registered in Côte d’Ivoire)
- Consortia (where at least one applicant is registered in Côte d’Ivoire)
How does the application process work?
NEW DEADLINE: The closure of the call for concept notes IFE-CIV-C1 has been postponed to Monday January 25nd 2021 at 4:00pm CET Abidjan time or 5:00pm CET Berlin time.
To find out if you are eligible and which types of projects can be funded under this Call for Proposals, check the information in the flyer.
If you wish to learn more about the eligibility criteria and the application process, download the Guidelines for Applicants.
Please submit your questions to email@example.com latest January 15th 2021 at 5:00pm CET.
When you are ready to prepare your Concept Note, visit the online submission platform SmartME through this link:Submit here