The Call for Proposals in Morocco is postponed.
The purpose of the Facility « Investing for Employment » (IFE) is to support the creation of decent employment opportunities in Africa (long-term, full time jobs). It does so by offering co-financing grants for new investment projects with a high job creation impact. The selection of projects is based on a competitive application process, looking for an optimal allocation of available funding to projects with the highest plausibility of success and expected return in terms of the number and quality of new jobs created.
IFE is part of the Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Operating under the brand Invest for Jobs, the Special Initiative aims to create good jobs and apprenticeships and to improve working conditions in its partner countries in Africa.
What does IFE fund?
The facility IFE provides grants between €1 million and €10 million to co-finance four types of projects:
- Public Infrastructure for job creation – not-for-profit (up to 90% of the cost)
- Common service for job creation – not-for-profit (up to 75% of the cost)
- For-profit-projects that foster direct job creation which have benefits/impacts more broadly than solely for the project owners (up to 50% of the cost)
- For-profit-projects that foster direct job creation by the project owners (up to 25% of the cost)
Who is eligible?
- Individual applicants (legal entities registered in Morocco)
- Consortia (two or more legal entities, with at least one registered in Morocco)
How does the application process work?
- Submit a Concept Note online in SmartME (link to system below) latest 31 March 2021 at 5:00 pm CET
- In case of questions, please visit our FAQ-section. In case you cannot find the information you need, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest until 24 March 2021 at 5:00 pm CET
- Participate in our webinars for further information; the webinar dates can be found in the flyer.
For more general information on the objectives of the facility IFE, the eligible applicants and eligible project categories, check the Guidelines for Applicants: Download
When you are ready to prepare your Concept Note, visit the online submission platform SmartME through the link below: (note: the link will direct you to a third-party web page).